Monday, October 26, 2009

Because Charity Work's Not Enough

I wrote a song too!

(It's got knitting in it)


I'm in the Pink Ghetto and I'm raising me some kids,
Got a sweet Volvo and a 10 pairs of Birkenstocks
Only shave my legs when I'm out of clean knee socks

Feels like I wasted so much time,
got a Doctorate from Brown
Only had to sleep with one prof,
but man, she was mighty hot

Wearing sweat pants all over town
My cords are all worn down
Took up knitting, and it's rad
Never going back to that corporate scene

Chorus:

I'm in the Pink Ghetto and I'm raising me some kids,
Got a sweet Volvo and a 10 pairs of Birkenstocks
Only shave my legs when I'm out of clean knee socks

5 comments:

Susie said...

I'm assuming you didn't take poetry at Brown. Nor music. May not have been poetic nor musical but definitely hilarious. You must have labored over this for minutes.

Twinsanity/Spinsanity said...

It's a conglomeration of awesomeness! I'm feelin' ya baby.

simply patti said...

I assume the accompaniment to this bluesy ballad would be a harmonica?

Holly Bee said...

Guitar, AND harmonica!!!

dee's brother said...

May I compliment you on your choice of gender for the prof in your song!