Friday, August 14, 2009

Domestic, I try.

I have a few things that scare the crap out of me and I avoid them at all costs.

1. Pressure Cookers-Really. Explosions+hot food=DEATH

2. Sewing Machines-Cut up perfectly good fabric and sew it back together. Plus that needle is heading straight for your eyes.

3. Food Processor-Fingers, whirling parts, food on ceiling, following instructions. Following instructions.

4. 9-5 (7-3:30 or 5-1:30) Job inside a cement building with no windows-I've done that, it's not awesome.

Sadly, I found myself doing with 2 out of the 4 things in the last couple of days.

No, I did not get a job. Now you are just being funny.

I had to sew, sweat shop, I mean assembly line style, with Jackie, all in the name of Grange. Why? Because I'm skipping out on Work Day to go camping and I volunteered to.

Then, I decided to make giant zucchini into shredded zucchini. Which generally requires a scary, scary, food processor.


Notice the clean food processor, and big smile.

Things weren't going so well. I got scared. It was awful. There were zucchini bits all over. The stove, the cat, the dog, the living room, the curtains, the ceiling, everywhere but the bowl. There was only one thing to do.

Yeah, a normal person would have gotten the instructions. I have no idea where the instructions are, but I do know where the cool beverages are.


I think I could handle a pressure cooker now. Oh gosh no. Let me go outside. Wonder Why Gal, can I work on the tractor or shovel Paca Poo for you instead??

4 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

You are always welcome to come scoop the poo. Hubby might not let you play on the tractor though :-( I barely get to....you know, boys and their toys. I will help you with your zucchini if you want...I have a bunch I need to chop up too. I see a zombie slaying zucchini party in the future ;-)

Linda said...

Sassy hair cut Girl! You are looking good!

Holly Bee said...

Pacapooo take me home, to the plaaace I beeeelooong! West Virgina, now a Washington State goat Mama, she's the one, picked out my hair.

A zucchini chopping party may be the way to go. I'd have friends around me and I wouldn't be so scared!

simply patti said...

you are so flippin' funny... how's the garden doin'?