Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Camping, Spinning, Alpacas!

Oh, Fibery Friends, I missed you, but Cub Scout Camp was a blast! Now, don't get yourselves all in bind (eat a boozy carrot cake muffin!)

I was thinking about you while camping with the Cubs.

The Pigs' and my tent. It was cool, you know we like mud.
We only had 3" of water in our tent. The guys next to use had to us a mop to get the water out of their tent.

Me, in my swimsuit, under an umbrella. The thing in my mouth?

My only dry shirt. I needed it to get into the dining hall. It was a no shirt, no service sort of place. Oh, I was also walking around with a ziploc baggy that contained my phone, car keys, and id...you know in case we needed to make a break for it. Take no prisoners!
This is not a riot. This was organized chaos. My boyfriend is in the background. I will not divulge his identity or tell the full story. Ok, maybe. The Ogre already knows about it, so don't even bother trying to get me in trouble.

I've decided maybe I should rethink that whole not wearing a ring thing in super hot wear because it hurts and makes me feel like I'm making finger sausages, and either suck it up, or get a bigger ring.

Because it seems to be sending the wrong messages. Yes, comfort and sensibility is apparently sending out either one of two messages:

1. I'm a single mother of 2 Cub Scouts here to steal your husbands!

2. I'm the older fun loving sister of 2 Cub Scouts here to find a Camp Counselor!

Rocker!!!

So what was I thinking about my Fiber Friends?

I was talking to my friend Jenny H. about the Vicksburg Historic Society and the Fall Harvest Festival October 10th.

Yes, one week after the Wonder Why Alpaca Farm's Open House and Pen Sale on October 3rd.

But the Historic Society is in need of Spinner's, Knitters, Crocheter's, and I was pimping out the idea that they really need some WONDERFUL ALPACAS at their event!!!!

I'm always trying to get the word out about the Zombie Prom Date Knitters, Wonder Why Alpaca Farm, and Spinsanity Spindles, and Fiber by Em!! Uh, ladies, where's my commission for Snotty P.R.?



3 comments:

tracyb said...

I remember cub scout camp. Wow, that was probably like more than 10 years ago!

WonderWhyGal said...

Oh, I love the Snotty P.R.Firm. You are the best! I guess I will have to name an alpaca after you too!

Linda said...

Now that looks like some weekend! Oh baby! Can't believe I missed that one;-)