Monday, July 20, 2009

Just go be good

People ask me why I volunteer.

I didn't donate my kidney to my Dad, my brother did. I've been trying to make other peoples' lives better ever since. Because what Carter did was so generous and good, I've been trying to be more generous and good. You know, because I'm evil by nature and I really have to work hard against that.

Now, go check Andrea's post.


I donate blood.


I'm registered to be an organ donor with Donate Life. Michigan Donate Life

I'm a registered with Be the Match as part of the Bone Marrow Donor Program.

People ask me why I knit. My knitting may being of questionable beauty, but, it makes people feel better.


I think I should be asking you why you don't volunteer.

"But I don't want to/can't give blood, donate organs, bone marrow."

KNIT-CROCHET-QUILT!
Turn your hobby into helping other people!

Lung Lovie-by Special Request

Kidney Kozies-Shawls for Dialysis Patients in Calhoun County-completed shawls can be dropped off to me or any other Zombie Prom Date Knitter for Delivery in September.

Shawls for Hope Lodge
-
The Zombie Prom Date Knitters are currently making 10 x 10 blue squares to stitch together as a blanket/shawl for a Hope Lodge Patient or two.


Jeanne works with visually impaired kids to make dog biscuits, they then sell the treats and donate the money to the SPCA. Double whammy. Helping kids, and dogs.

Need ideas? Go to volunteermatch.org

Now go, be the change. Besides, it's good for you, it builds character. Now do you know why I'm such a character?

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

You're amazing - that's alot of being good! I will try to be better, I promise.

WonderWhyGal said...

Evil by nature? Ba Humbug! You are awesome and you bring so much awareness to good causes. Did I ever think in my life that I would be picking garbage up off the side of the road? Nope! But because I know you, I have!

I live by the principle that I live in a glass house so I am allowed to throw stones.....If you live it, be it, do it then you change the world one zombie at a time.

WonderWhyGal said...

Thanks again for the Lung Lovey! You do inspire me!

Holly Bee said...

I love all of you!

I may be drinking a rum and coke, but I try my best.

I think a lot of us do a lot more than we think we do!! A little bit goes a long way!