Friday, July 17, 2009

Done-Done-Done...We Care A Lot!

Zombie Prom Date Knitters have Slayed again!!! This time sections 84-86 of West and East bound I-94.
Align Center
We only had one casualty.

It's ok. It was Mel demonstrating what happened to the person who had the 1 God plate. From the look of their vanity plate, they went straight to their Eternal Splendor. Should they really have a vanity plate in the first plate? Is that what lead to the smiting?

During the 4 days of road side clean up I kept thinking about the movie Stand by Me.





"You four-eyed pile of shit! "
"A pile of shit has a thousand eyes."
"And Lardass just sat back and enjoyed what he'd created-a complete and total barf-o-rama "

(they just don't teach you how to swear at the movies anymore. That stuff is awesome. I really picked up the swearing in the 80's and 90's. Here, Heathers and Four Weddings and a Funereal-some of the best swears EVER.)

No, I really mean this line

"You guys wanna go see a dead body?"

We found a lot of exciting things along the highway. This was just part of yesterday's haul, safety devices, Japanese newspapers, and Zombie Slaying devices!



See Spinsanity's post, or Wonder Why Gal's if you haven't yet.

Plus Ticks, people brought home ticks. Sorry Bec! Sorry Mel! Other people that won't admit it, I'm sorry for you too!

I TOLD YOU TO SPRAY!!!
“No, INNER, spray the inner…I don’t want no ticks up there in my stuff!”

How do you wear out teenagers? Put them to work.

I suggest road clean up. Or corn detasseling. They will be happy to go back to school.

Spinsanity "true friends are those still willing to sit next to each other after picking enough trash to make us cry"

Check the feast! I may never be able to have a picnic without the roar of semi's again!

What's enough bags of garbage to make us cry?
263 bags of garbage. 7-8 people picking up each of 4 days.

Thank you to our great crew, everyone who came out to help! Without you, it would still be a nasty dirty highway of filth.

Thanks to our new MDOT friends to. You guys are a riot! Keep up the good work!

As for the litter bugs: CURSE YOU!!

One last quote from Stand by Me:

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"

I know I do.

6 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I LOVE the Stand By Me references. So true, so true! Well, it was an honor to work with you on one of those days. I love the pic of the tired teenagers. You ROCK!

Mooseman said...

Thank you for a job well done! Because of the Zombie Prom Date Knitters a piece of I-94 is CLEAN each and every one of you should be very PROUD! 263 bags and don't forget the large loose item's and the half a million laughs. I and did not say this for hand knits or jeweled vest, because Snot you would have knitted me a pair of leg warmers and gave me a pair knitting needles and make me go out and slay Zombies. Hope to see you in the fall.

Holly Bee said...

Mooseman!!!

Great to hear from you!!!!
Thanks for the support! We had a great time!!!!!

You will be seeing us in the fall!

Bec said...

If I recall correctly, you did spray me "in there." I think that is why I found the tick crawling up my shoulder! Thanks for saving the good stuff.

Holly Bee said...

Oh, Bec! heeheehee! Glad yours was on your shoulder, guess where Mel's was...

Bec said...

Not the KITTY!!!!!