Monday, June 15, 2009

Vicksburg Old Car Fest, Yes, we Knit there

Sure, other people and groups are organizing get togethers for World Wide Knit in Public Day, but really, will they be as awesome as the one hosted by the Zombie Prom Date Knitters at the Vicksburg Old Car Fest?


Because really, Zombie Prom Date Knitters Do It Best.

I didn't realize I was saying we do it best all day until I saw the photo this morning, but really, you know it's true. Oh, you want more of an explanation? I was helping Cub Scouts sell water in the rain before sitting around in a Swap Meet area and knitting.

So, screw you other Knit in Public people, go to a comfy coffee shop and teach people to knit. Try doing some actual community service with the youth of America in the actual public in the actual rain with actual dirty looks in an actual swap meet under an actual banner that really does read

ZOMBIE PROM DATE KNITTERS
Slaying the Knitting World Since 2007
.....Fiber Artists Against Zombies

Then come talk to me about your glorious knitting in public experience. Because I'll smile, nod, talk politely with you, but I'll know that ours was a lot more fun. Plus we have a banner.



To people who don't know us, that is in jest. We really are out to have fun. We do a lot of charity work, community service, and all in all HAVE FUN! So thank you again to everyone who came out on Saturday. It was a really fun time. We had a bit of rain but thanks to Spinsanity's canopy we stayed dry. We will be out again next year with more info on our charity activities, prize drawings and of course our lovely banner.

We will keep you posted on our summer meet ups and we will be attending the Michigan Fiber Festival on at very least Saturday. Again, stay tuned to Knit with Snot for more details...


For Kai-
Dogs don't belong on the furniture! The Ogre yelled.

But I said he's the same darn size as our cat. You can't argue with that kind of logic.

3 comments:

Carina said...

You guys had way more fun than we did at the guild thing, that's for sure. I didn't even get to teach anyone, and that's what I was there for. At least I met a new spinner to the area who's a medieval textile expert (she specializes in Viking weaving). That was cool.

Oh, and I just love your cute new dog! He's adorable!

Susie said...

A banner makes it official. Looks like it was a blast!

Holly Bee said...

It was so fun!

The banner, yes, it makes us very official. Official what, I'm not sure, but official.