Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer Time Blues-Knit Style

We need a new love in. I mean summer togetherness project. I think the squares thing went really well. Uh, except it was noted that maybe the color choice was a poor one.

I’m going to throw some options out at you. Please remember I don’t give a crap if you join in or not. This is not mandatory. This is what I am personally doing. If you don’t want to do this, don’t think you can do this, don’t want to, don’t have the time, money or energy, THAN IGNORE THIS WHOLE THREAD AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE.

Summer Time Blues

Square-roughly 10 inches. Really, if it's not 10" it doesn't matter. This is a ZPDK project, your square will be incorporated and loved. Remember the Long Lovey? I can now log cabin like a pioneer, it will work.

Machine wash and vaguely dryable-includes acrylic, Superwash wool and mixes there of

Any Pattern

Crochet or Knit

Any shade of blue-any

Where will they go?

To me, me, me!!!
Then, sadly, I will put them together, hopefully with the help of Tracy b at the West Branch Fibery festival and other intrepid Zombie Prom Date Knitters.

They will turned into Lap Robes and donated to Hope Lodge. Think Winter, Think Snow. These are going to cool you down when you are working on your blue square in August when you go, “when is that West Branch Fest? I have time to make that blue square!”

Kidney Kozies-The Saga Continues

Jamie found not one, but 2 dialysis units in Battle Creek that had never heard of Kidney Kozies. Well, since we sort of made up the name, yeah of course they haven't heard of them.

Anyway, we adopted them and said we would do our best to get some knittin’ done for them. Sir-Frogs-A-lot has a Kozy in the works and I have asked Home Grange (you know Chicken BBQ every Month) to donate some lap robes to get us rolling.

Now Jamie a regular of the Kalamazoo Knit and Crochet Meet up Group, our arch rival group, has challenged us to the KIDNEY KOZY SMACK DOWN II. Which kind of stinks because the ZPDKs lose every time we challenge the other group. But I'm pretty sure any groups are winning when we knit for them.

YLYS Challenges Yarn Garden

I’m not sure what the heck I got myself into, but these squares are so cute, and it’s with sock yarn and, and it’s a CHALLENGE and I couldn’t resist.

Plus, when you look at it you go, “it will only take me like 2 minutes, and I have loads of sock yarn hanging around.”

Yeah, I say that all the time.

Soo, like I said, none of this is mandatory. If you don’t want to do any of this DON’T. If you want to help, but don’t want to knit. Bake a cake , and bring it to an event.


Up date on the evil camera-I was trying to take a photo of why you (I MEAN YOU) shouldn't wear white pants. I don't care if it is summer and your momma said it was ok. It was all white pants, underwear, and booty. I took that photo, there was flash, but there is no digital image of that sorry site. Apparently your mama was wrong, because your white pants put my EVIL camera into shock. But it's still not nice to stare, or take photos, even if it should be documented.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Evil white pants....that would have been funny to see! I remember seeing a guy with white pants and striped tighty whities, too darn funny. I am actually laughing remembering that image. He was cute too until I saw that. Yikes!

Linda said...

I'm in! I'll see what I can round up:)

Holly Bee said...

SAAAAAWWWWWWWEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!

I'm so excited, I had to add extra letters!