Monday, May 04, 2009

Kidney Kozy Update

Here are the current stats on the Kidney Kozy Project:

Kidney Kozy Project
An idea came about that dialysis patients may get cold. This idea was confirmed. The
Kidney Kozies concept evolved.

A project went into the works.

The Kalamazoo Knit and Crochet Meet up Group was Challenged by the Zombie Prom Date Knitters-who can make more Kozies?

What is a Kidney Kozy you ask? A shawl to keep Dialysis Patients warm.

Where are these Dialysis Patients? Right here in Kalamazoo! (Also Calhoun County, but really, Dialysis stinks no matter where you get it done.)

15 were delivered last month to Sue at Fresenius Medical Care in Kalamazoo.

Then I picked up Kozies on Saturday


Let the AWESOME begin!



It took 3 people to hold up Super Star Tina's Kozies!!


17 were dropped off Saturday by the wonderful Kalamazoo Knit and Crochet Meet up Group!!

Others were dropped off earlier...
(more photos should go here, but really, I can't find them-I will continue the search.)

Thank you all so much.
As a representative of the Zombie Prom Date Knitters, I admit defeat! You, Kalamazoo Knit and Crochet Meet up Group WIN the Kidney Kozy Smack Down!!!

(Our group still has a better name)
Your prize was green and orange cake. I hope you loved it. It was made with love.


This is what my coach looked like covered in Kozies. I rather liked it.


Then I found more.

Which brings the Grand total to 43!

No, I'm not keeping any.

I swear I was just testing it out.

3 comments:

Linda said...

As far as I'm concerned a donation is a donation. If that went to snotty Pigs that's fine with me:)

Jenny said...

Wow! That's a lot of kozies. It was a fun little competition, too! I'm sure you can call on the Kazoo group for any future charity needs. We seem like a charity case, uh, I mean "charity-minded group..."

Sandy said...

I thought I'd seen a mailing address before, but now don't find it? I think I asked, can't remember if you answered if this is an all year long quest, if there are requirements yarn wise. Wanted to organize the info a bit and add to the directory I'm putting together.
Thanks