Sunday, April 05, 2009

I have a dream, it's crazy, but it's mine

So, when I'm done with all the current projects that are slowly eating my chair, and when the Pigs are back at school I am going to do something crazy.

Sure, other people have done crazy things, more exciting crazy things, but I don't have a lot going on right now soooo here goes.

In Julie and Julia style, (you know 365 days, 524 recipes, 1 tiny kitchen,) I will be making all of the items in the Mason Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines book. You will be victim to my knitting, my crappy gauge and my inability to make the stupid Daily Sweater. I will be upping the odds of my failure, or at least awful knitted finished objects by trying to do this with the yarn I currently have in my stash.

Lucky family members-welcome to your holiday gifts 2009.

I will call the experiment:
The North and the South-Knit in the Mitten

Or

Mason Dixon Knitting as knit by a drunk Midwesterner

or

Mason Dixon Knitting, well, when not slaying zombies and raising Pigs

It's a work in progress.

3 comments:

Susie said...

Holy cow! That's awesome! I'm looking forward to going along for the ride with you.

Linda said...

eeeeeeep! eeeeep! eeeeeep! This is not a test. This is the Emergancy Broadcast system. Calling all Zombie Slayers! CALLING ALL ZOMBIE SLAYERS! Grab your sharpest shovel and report to the K-zoo area immediately! HollyB has been captured by Zombies of the worst kind and is being held hostage! She must be freed! Take no prisoners! Calling all Zombie Slayers! CALLING ALL ZOMBIE SLAYERS!

ChelleC said...

I am not liking the Outside the Lines book nearly as much as the first one. I'd be interested to know what you knit from it. Update? Thanks.