Friday, March 06, 2009

I was shooting for the stars, and well, I need you

I'm getting nervous. I am co hosting a scrapbook retreat to raise funds for the National Kidney Foundation and so far only 3 people have signed up. It's next weekend-NEXT WEEKEND.

So, I'm going to go crazy here-

Non Scrapbookers, what you doing March 14th?

I'm thinking if you would like to come, knit, crochet, spin, etc, etc, you are welcome to-with a $25 donation to the National Kidney Foundation. It's sort of like extortion for charity! It may be wrong, but my heart's in the right place.

So, really, lunch is provided, space is available, and you know it's for a good cause. Heck, if knitters/crocheters/spinners decide to show up, I will put a special KNITTING/FIBER related item into the prize pool.

I'd like to add-I'm so stressed about this, I forgot to rinse all the conditioner out of my hair this morning. I must now go rinse.

Ok, the whining will now come to a stop.

Thank you for your time.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Well I can't make it but my check can. You can count on me for $$$

Beverly said...

I can't make it, either, but you can put a donation button on your blog and take donations right off your site. You can do it via PayPal. Good luck with your fundraiser (no good deed goes unpunished, but we do them anyway!)

Anonymous said...

Little Carter thanks you!

Education, prevention and early detection is so important.

Marty (caretaker of Little Carter)

Susie said...

If I were closer, I'd be there in a heartbeat and since I'm afraid to fly, you'll have to go on without me. Best of luck, Holly!

Carina said...

You know, I might be able to do that. I'll talk with my mom about taking the kids for that time. I'll probably need some knitting time with other adults by then. Let me see what I can do.

Amy Peterman said...

I can't make it. If you ever do one again though, please let me know. I'm a scrapbooking freak.

Holly Bee said...

Be still my beating heart-a scrapbook freak??!!

We are planning another one in Battle Creek, April 25th.

Thank you all for the support and encouragement!