Thursday, March 05, 2009

Ah, a lovely day...Potatoes, Zombies and Yarn

All I wanted to do was fill my bathtub up with my yarn winnings from Your Local Yarn Shop. (Yes, Elizabeth it really is all the rage.) It was a good idea until I realized I'd have to clean the tub first.

Besides it was zombie defense training night. I didn't have time to clean.


According to Pitch Forks and Torches-The Ogre's Plight, young Ogres (Pigs in this case) must construct a barrier and be able to defend one's self and those around him with house hold items. I don't know how that bag is going to defend Pig 3's brains, but, hey, at least he's trying.

After training, we it was time for dinner. 10 pounds of mashed po-ta-toes-with a few carrots thrown in.

Sam Gamgee would be proud.

Finally, after all that I was able to concentrate on my winnings.
This fashion photo shoot brought to you by Pig 2, and Your Local Yarn Shop!

It's the Rippling Cascade Throw Kit. Here is the info...

These Di.Ve Throw Kits come in a vinyl zipper bag and contain the following Di.Ve yarns: Mohair Kiss Ombre, Butterfly, Starship, and Fiamma. The pattern for a rippling throw is included.
all in the same varigated color way. It was then up to me to pick 4 coordinating skeins of Cascade 220.


Now a less adventurous person would surely have chosen a subtle blue, or purple, possibly even pink to go with the this yarn. But you know me better. It was orange or nothing.

Plus, I think it will match my living room nicely.

Oh, wait, what's this?


Another skein of ruddy sock yarn! Have you ever even seen me knitting socks? Yeah. It's a sickness.

4 comments:

Twinsanity/Spinsanity said...

Damn, I was really kinda hoping for the leg lamp (think of the SOCKS we could block on that thing...photo shoots like Cookie A!). I'm still cold. Is it done yet?

Twinsanity/Spinsanity said...

Oops, forgot to say those Pigs sure are something in their Zombie defense attire. Glad we got 'em on our side.

Carina said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous yarn. *drool*

Holly Bee said...

I was also hoping for the leg lamp!!! Cookie A's hooker in the dumpster legs have nothing on the leg lamp!