Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I hurt all over, or how I became a Vegan-Hare Krishna

In an attempt to combat my ever growing ass, I bought this book Skinny Bitch.

It's like if I told you to "shut up and stop drinking soda, it makes your ass fat." I need that kind of inspiration.

So, I read the book, and I'm all "Sweet, I can do this! I want all my friends to call me Skinny Bitch! I know all that stuff about farm factories! Right on! Right on!"

Then, at the end of the book I swear it says "Ok, now you're a Vegan! Congratulations!"

I did not see that coming.


At the same time as all this started, I signed up for a yoga class at the Y. Like a Hatha yoga class. And now, now, I hurt all over, and I've got My Sweet Lord stuck in my head.

What do I really want? To cry.

8 comments:

Carina said...

I hear ya on the yoga. My left elbow (the one I broke last summer) hurt like heck for two weeks after my last class, so I don't go anymore.

tracyb said...

Maybe you should step slowly into the whole vegan thing! Of course I wouldn't know, cuz I really enjoy some chicken!

Linda said...

Yea, I had to give up the yoga. My ass is so fat, once I get down on the floor I need a lift truck to get back up again.

mono loco said...

Hare Rama, my friend, Hare Rama...

kristinknits said...

A vegan? Is that the only way to become a skinny bitch?

Holly Bee said...

I've got the bitch part down, but the sweet sweet call of dairy products is my weakness. It also makes me smelly, so maybe vegan is the way to go.

Knatolee said...

Persevere with the yoga. It will hurt less after a few classes. Really! Well, probably. :) I have all these old ladies in my class who are far more flexible than middle-aged me. Totally embarrassing.

Holly Bee said...

Oh, I'm sticking with it. I'm on my way now, with all three Pigs in tow. Neither snow, nor pain or three Pigs can keep me from singing Beatles songs all afternoon!!