Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cheese, and it's global implications

It was really awesome sitting alone at a table for 20 at Theo & Stacy's.
Actually I was kind of hoping no one would show up so I could sneak off to the movie theater and see Twilight.
Luckily Laura showed up and helped me move my drinks to a smaller table.
Shelly, then Shannon, Em and Crystal soon found the party.

Our plans for global domination included a Baby Surprise Jacket, hot pants, Dog Chaps, and loads and loads of wash cloths.










Ah yes, our first step was to take over the restaurant with the sweet aroma of Flaming Cheese! There will be no world take over with out Saganaki! Actually I think the key to any effective plan includes large amounts of flaming cheese. That's why France is the way it is, they have the threat of so many flaming cheeses. Dare I say fromage?







You may wonder what a sweet girl like this is doing chugging Miller Lite.











She's trying to become wobbly so she's harder to shoot. It's actually quite clever. I believe Omar Sharif has been know to use this very tactic.
" Why yes, yes, I used this while filming battle scenes in Lawrence of Arabia. As for cheese, well, let's just keep that our little secret."
Don't expect another evening event...just know when that when you're under 3 pounds of flaming cheese, you could have been on the winning side.

5 comments:

Carina said...

I'm so sorry I missed it. This cold is really annoying, though I'm a bit better today. Ugh. I really missed the Roman Coke, too. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo sorry that I missed the events. I got caught by the nasty fever bug complete with aches and pains. All I am doing is sleeping and doing drugs....

Linda

Linda said...

OK I must be living in a cave. Flaming Cheese?

Holly Bee said...

It's all very flamey and exciting!
Here's what wiki says...
Saganaki (Greek σαγανάκι)(meaning flaming cheese, sometimes translated as fried cheese) is a salty and aromatic cheese-based Greek appetizer of fried or grilled cheese.

In some United States and Canadian restaurants, after being fried, it is flambéed at the table (typically with a shout of "opa!") and the flames then extinguished with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. This practice reportedly originated in the 1960s at The Parthenon restaurant in Chicago's Greektown.[1][2][3]

Where's Kristina when we need her?

Linda said...

Now FRIED cheese I know! The flaming bit threw me off:)