Saturday, November 22, 2008

Well, it's no Harry Potter

Dear Warner Brothers Distribution,

Thank you for pushing the release date of Harry Potter and the something-something back until summer 2009.

Not only is Mr. Potter getting older faster than he is supposed to in the books because of this, but he can also be seen nakee with a horse (second time around, still does it for me.)

Why am I thanking you? Because I got to take the Pigs to BOLT instead. Because I LOVE cartoon dogs. (please note sarcasm)

Harry Potter is meant to be a fall movie. It's cold, it's windy, and gee, isn't it chilly and blustery in England with all those British Wizards at school, in the winter, school, that starts in fall? Plus, you said it was going to be out November 21, 2008.

Blaaaahh. Back to Bolt. It's fine, but it's no Harry Potter, which is what I promised I'd take Pig 1 to on Novemeber 22. See the heartbreak, the disappointment.

Plus, look how awesome Twilight did in your release date.

xoxo,
Angry in Frozen, Michigan



Ah, yes, even I am not able to free myself from Twilight. I wanted to get a copy and read it, but I was too embarrassed. I had to buy a bunch of Holiday Gifts and sneak a paperback in to pretend it wasn't for me.

How am I going to get the next book? Throw a copy in with the groceries?

7 comments:

Trillian42 said...

One word. Amazon. Plain brown box, and no one knows what's in it. :)

Susie said...

You do need a kindle for just this reason. I'm disappointed about the HP push back too but I'm not seeing Bolt!

tracyb said...

Was Twilight good? I bought it under the guise that it was for my tween daughter, even though she would never read it, but I haven't got to it yet.

Holly Bee said...

Amazon! Brilliant!

Kindle + Amazon...Most brilliant!!

Tracy...I'm not reading Twilight...I uh, just bought it for a friend.

(I'm reading it when no one is around...I'm not done yet.)

Mrs. H (aka MrsAych) said...

Holly, Holly, Holly... you are an awesome Zombie Prom Date knitter and an Outlaw Knitter! you answer to no one on good bookage! I say take that book out in public and flaunt it! I read all four books... they are so awesome. hehe

Holly Bee said...

Ok, it was awesome. I'm hooked.

simply patti said...

I was so happy when Daniel turned 18 so I would stop feelin' all funny about how damn goodlookin' he has become. When he has on his HP glasses he looks like a young John Lennon *sigh*

Is it just me or is Bolt a cheap retake of Buzz Lightyear?