Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's just pathetic now

Yesterday, pre Bond, the Ogre and I went to the bookstore. Oh, yes, you know where this is leading...New Moon, Twilight part 2 or "I'm in the big dumb girl book club" as the Ogre so lovingly stated.

Oh, I wasn't hiding my need for Twilight in a basket full of other things this time. No, I stood right in front of the Teen Hot Picks table, shoved an actual teenager out of my way, and hugged the book throughout the store.

Later, while checking if book 3 was available in paperback, I scared the teen girl's mom into just sucking it up and buying all 4 books in hardcover..."it's better if they all match, right?" It was just a ploy to get them out of the section...my section of teen reading.

Is it because I missed out on this particular genre of books when I was a teen? Did I not get enough dirty vampire lovin' from Lestat? Oh, hell, it's like k.d. Lang sang...Constant Craving. It just hits the right spot. (well, I hear the right spot finally gets hit in book 4)

Movie good? Book 4, how is it?? Can I make it through Thanksgiving without book 3????

It is just pathetic now.

8 comments:

Trillian42 said...

I haven't read the Twilight books yet (I have them, but am finishing some other ones first), but once you are done with them, I highly recommend the books by Holly Black - Tithe, Valiant, and Ironside. They are modern faeries rather than vampires, but they are SO GOOD. And, um, also aimed at teens. :D

Linda said...

I never even heard about Twilight untill the move came out! Gaaaaaa! I can't read AND crochet!! I can't even have 2 projects started at a time!!! How am I going to live without reading Twilight?!?!?!?
off to refill my exclaimation point bucket
Are they out on audio yet?

Holly Bee said...

Woohoo! More books for me, I mean, uh, the Pigs. heeheehee

Linda!! Yes, they are on audio!!! Go, go now!!!!!

Carina said...

It's because we didn't have this stuff when we were kids. Man, I wouldn't have gotten a darn thing done at all if we had.

tracyb said...

oh, you are too funny, I laughed out loud when I read you pushed the teenager out of the way! You make me want to run back up north and grab my copy of Twilight! I'm totally reading it when I get back. And when I was a teen the only "teen" crap available were the teen harlequin romances! (which I totally read)

Mrs. H (aka MrsAych) said...

I am so proud of you for not being afraid to show your Twilight Fan Girlyness! :)

Shorty said...

I've read books 1 and 2. My little brother who is now a marine has beat me and read all 4. He even took his 13 year old son to see the movie when it came out.

I agree with Trillian—the Holly Black books are worth a read...although my fav of that one was the first. Melissa Marr's series beginning with Wicked Lovely are also a good read.

I read a lot of YA books now that I am 35...and also wonder why I wasn't reading this when I was a teen, probably because back then I was reading off the adult shelves. I reckon I'm regressing a bit, but of course it could also be that the YA books just weren't written like this back then.

Holly Bee said...

Hey Shorty! Thanks for the additional book recommendations. I'm going to have to make a trek up to the book store-I need book 3 & 4 twilight and now I've got more to pick up!

Teen reading-the lustiest I remember was...crap, now I can't remember. Anyway, I think I may have been imagining more than what was really going on.