Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Helena...I'm sick of it too

I will be seeing Machete's Mom on Friday. Yes, along with the cold, the smell of burning leaves (it's still legal to do that here) it's also scrapbooking season again. Friday is the end weaving in deadline. Helena will be done! As turnips are my witness, I will not spin fluff until my ends are woven in!!!

Sandal weather is over, it's time to put away the lightweight jacket, and start thinking scrapbooking, boots, hats and mittens...MITTENS!!!

Holy mother of sweet alpaca! Did someone say MITTENS???? In some moment of weakness, probably brought on by the extreme emotional trauma of looking at Shelly's monkey poo all day, I decided it would be a "good idea" to join a mitten swap.

Yes, a Zombie Prom Date Knitters Sponsored Mitten Swap. It's through the ZPDK forum on Ravelry. What?? You don't know about ravelry? Oh, golly. Go there, GO NOW!!!

Ok, you're back? So, yeah, Helena, mittens. I'm a free spirit. I can't handle all this knitting commitment. I feel like I'm cheating on my yarn in my basement. I'm pretty sure I bought it for something. Didn't I?

2 comments:

Susie said...

Mittens! I'm jealous. I'm not quite there yet but maybe soon. DPNs scare me. A LOT. I can't wait to see what you knit up!

tracyb said...

I know, I feel guilty about the mitten swap, but it'll be fun! I too have been distracted by the fluff. I promised myself before I got out of bed this morning to work on the lace, exclusively. Here's to yarnovers and weaving of ends!