Saturday, October 25, 2008

Helena, Stitches and Bitches

Well, well, well, Ready, Set, HELENA is done! Oh, it's done in true Knit with Snot fashion. What exactly does that mean? It's done being knit, but it wasn't exactly finished.

Yep, I handed it over sewn up and said "I got you three different style of buttons, and here's some thread. Helena is yours."

Now, you'd think I would have learned my lesson on this own knitting for someone. Well, I mean knitting for someone on purpose. Because sure, I can knit for someone accidentally like a beast, but this whole making something for someone, to size, and trying to make it not wonky, is well, not a pleasant experience.

As it turns out, I've found I have a problem with focus, attention, and, wait, what the hell was I trying to tell you? Right, now I'm knitting this

for Mel. It's a real son of a

.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Oooo! That is AWESOME!

tracyb said...

That looks fun, now . . . Mel is your uncle, right? Matt's dad. I think you should be knitting two at a time, magic loop style, one for your dad too!

Holly Bee said...

Yep, Matt's Dad, My Uncle, Mart's brother...

Great, give those two ideas about matching hats, and me nightmares about becoming a sweat shop!

Anonymous said...

PLEASE DON'T DRESS US LIKE TWINS...again!!
M2

Susie said...

What a great hat! My son cannot wait for me to get good enough so I can knit him stuff with skulls!

Holly Bee said...

Susie!! You are well on your way!

You can totally do it! The Stitch 'n Bitch books are loaded down with easy skulls...check the library, you'll be surprised how easy.

M1-M2...oh, you love matching stuff?

kristinknits said...

Mel mentioned to me that you were knitting him some fancy skull endorned hat from a fancy knitting book. Son of a Bitch!!!! Looks super hard.

Holly Bee said...

Yes, I was tricked by Mel. But he used his puppy dog eyes. So I had to say yes, but I did kick him first.