Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Monkey Poo and Blankies too!

Things to do:

Pack tent

Directions to West Branch, Michigan for Northern (Lower) Michigan Lamb and Wool Festival

Learn to sew together Blanket Squares ASAP (trial by fire anyone?)

Look at loads of monkey poo to finance trip-really, it's my job

Award sweet Briar Rose Fibers to the awesome people who helped make this dream a reality...cue the visa commercial cheesey music

1. Most Squares-Linda of Fat Cat Crochet!!

2. Queen of the Day-Tracyb-she of Yarnaholic! Our Rizzo, our team Captain for the Barbara J. Hopps Memorial Blanket.
This is the Sewing it together prize, so, uh, sorry, I see much sewing in your future...

3. Best Intentions-Trish-Fuzzypaws at ol' ravelry. She was so close to winning first place, she cry if she found out she didn't. Plus, we have a best intentions category!

4. Amy of Knit and Fall Back in It-Why, because she did 3. One was tye dyed, and because I said so.

You are all awesome, you are all wicked sweet, but please remember you didn't originally get into this for the prizes. That was just a wonderful, thoughtful, cool added bonus thrown in by Chris at Briar Rose Fibers.

You did this for that warm fuzzy feeling you get when you do something nice for someone else. Remember, we did this for the Hope Lodge! We gathered enough squares to make a nice sized blanket and a shawl. Sweet job ladies...cake all around!

5 comments:

tracyb said...

Awesome! Briar Rose! Hey, how many squares did Fat Cat Crochet turn out? And Fuzzy Paws? They rock! I just wanted to thank everyone too, since I am Rizzo and all. :) And because I know my sister would have totally loved this.

Linda said...

*blushing*

Linda said...

tracyb - I think it was 7 or 8.
(again with the *blushing*)

tracyb said...

fat cat - all props to you, o mighty knitter of the square! Can't wait to see the one winging my way!

Knit and fall back in it said...

I need to do a better job of reading my favorite blogs. I have gotten behind and I just now read this.

I feel honored to have had the opportunity to participate. You are the one that deserves the prizes, Holly.