Friday, September 19, 2008

Misery! Sugar! String Theory!

If you think it's acceptable to miss Zombie Prom Date Knitters every once in awhile, because, how can it be so awesome every time, wow, were you mistaken.

I mean, sure, the name is a bit out dated since we've all but wiped out the entire population of undead in Kalamazoo county, but as stated by Mad Eye Moody, or rather Barty Crouch Jr in the guise of Mad Eye Moody "Constant Vigilance!"


Again, we fooled another unsuspecting knitter into joining our ever growing masses.



Our new friend Betty, plus Sally and Kitty and Betty and Sally's Mom, but, well, I can't remember her name. I'm sorry. I'm blaming it on the damn cake, and my new book.



Or should I say "Cakes" and my new Boyfriend named Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines.

See, it was Shelly's b-day. So we were doing it up Happy to You style, big time.

Things you may not know about the Zombie Prom Date Knitters...

We can throw down with the nastiest zombies in town and maybe come off a little dirty.


The Girls can drink a large sum of fermented beverage and still walk a straight line. Barf in a sweater and keep the car clean if need be, but walk in a straight line. (I'll do a seminar on that sweater trick at a later date.)

Poo, blood, and all things that would make the boys gag, not a problem, but here is the problem...

SUGAR


Yes, to vegans, the white devil, to Zombie Prom Date Knitters, it's like, well, giving Mikey Pop Rocks and Soda. It's explosive!



I admitted to our soon to be famed physist Jax





I was her biggest fan, and then it was all a great big bag of giggles and "I'm going to hobble you!" and "that's what she said" and the Elegant Universe, (who I always imagine is really by Brian Austin Greene and he developed string theory to impress Donna Martin and it's really just high brow 90210.)

Other fun you missed (not all jack-assery was done by me-we are a team people!):

"I have an odd relationship with needles" in regards to body piercing!

"Don't bust my cherry on my yarn barf baby" it's exactly what it sounds like. Well, if you're a knitter. If not, well, I don't know what it sounds like.

"My basement is all 'It puts on the lotion or it gets the hose' " yes, that's Silence of the Lambs and you missed it!

Next week we have a long discussion about An American Werewolf in London and why Sonic Youth and Grease are some of the greatest influences on Modern American Culture. Not to mention snazzy dressing.

See why I can't remember much? It was all whirlwind, heat and, flash within an hour I crashed with my book and well, it's all memories now...




Now, to make you even MORE jealous!!!!

My employer got a new toy! Ok Perv, if it arrived in a box that large, well, it better be Hugh Jackman.

She at least let me take a break from the microscope and help her put it together.

The Majacraft Suzie is so freaking awesome and sexy, it makes you look smarter and taller just while spinning on it.

I'm saving up for one. I need those things. I don't care if I can't spin. Look at her go!

Side note, she had to be removed from the wheel at 4 am. She was completely satisfied and spoke with a slight accent.

4 comments:

tracyb said...

I got that book yesterday! I'm reading it on the sly, because DH doesn't know about it yet. I figure if I let it lay around long enough, he'll just mistake it for the last one!

Carina said...

Another Majacraft lover. Yay!

I had a crappy reason to miss, and now I'm sorry I did. At least it's gotten me off my ass to get to the acupuncturist and the massage therapist for some cranial-sacral therapy, though. No more medical tests after Monday. I have forbidden them!

You gals had more fun, though.

craftycrafter said...

I had a blast with all you ladies. Thanks for letting me crash :) and you can be sure I'll be back for more. Oh yeah, she who must not be named is Melinda.

Twinsanity/Spinsanity said...

Oh. My. Freakin'. Gord. Because of being trapped at home by stupid street refinishing, I missed FRESH MEAT!! If only I'd known...I would have done like Ms Stupid I-am-better-and-more-special-than-anyone-else-on-the-street and just drove on the damn street, ignoring the trail of tire tracks and chunks of riiiiiipppped up pavement. They had to come back and fix it on Friday anyway.

Oooh, Shell, can I come over and play? Damn, Snotty, share the monkey juggler, wouldya?