Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Name Is ORDER UP!


So Tuesday I again served up hot cakes, eggs, sausage, sausage gravy, and one order of sass-Hey Marissa! from 7am until noon. I think I am still hung over from all the grease. The scarf I am knitting will be water proof just from sitting in the Pancake Tent all morning.

I'd like to give a warm, friendly, Knit with Snot "OMG thank you so much for your help" shout out to Julie Camp and Michelle Barnes. You see, I was alone in the dining room with hungry pancake patrons,


empty syrup pitchers, and only two short stubby arms.

Until, Julie and Michelle stopped by. One was there just to say "hey"and pitched in, and the other was there with her kids to have breakfast and still managed to wipe all the tables, fill syrup, butter, creamer, throw out some dummies,


and help me with the trash.

Even the kitchen staff were getting edgier than normal.

Actually, they were all making jokes because I asked if they buttered the toast. They all yelled "NO." They of course do, and that was obviously a stupid question and why I won't step foot in the kitchen. They scare the hell out of me. I like serving the Sheriff breakfast better. He's nice. As far as I know, he's the one person at the fair we're not related to.


WAIT! More people I'm not related to!




Oh, you've noticed that these photos were taken outside of the tent have you. Yeah, well, I was supposed to be selling these really sweet raffle tickets.
I was mostly bumming food off of kids.
Hey Kai! Thanks for the elephant ear!
Here's the gig...raffle tickets that support Grange (at the state level) 1 for $5 or 3 for $10. What's the Grand Prize?
A $2000 Travel Certificate from Carlson Wagonlit Travel with 2nd prize being a $500 Certificate. You can go anywhere. Did I sell any tickets? Well, I called people that I new and told them they owed me $10 because they were the proud owner of raffle tickets, so yeah, I sold some raffle tickets.
But I got a lot of knitting done. One guy also gave me $10 to buy myself some raffle tickets.
For "official" newspaper reporting on the Pancake tent, click that link. I am in none of the photos, but the guy in the green hat, we've got a special connection. I think he likes the way I yell "47! Number 47!" every morning.

3 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

I'm sure you are the best "Order upper" they have ever seen.

my8kidsmom(Rachel) said...

I promised I'd visit your blog :) I love it! Thanks for the pin!
my8kidsmom

Holly Bee said...

Thanks for stopping by (rachel). I am trying to upload all 8000 Fiber Fest photos and I keep crashing my computer.

It's technology Vs fiber and the fiber is winning over here!!

Hope you enjoy your pin!