Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Hey! It's Almost time for the Fair!!!

A long time ago, there was a plan, a plan to battle evil at the Calhoun County Fair!
No, not zombies this time. The evil was more, well, deep fried. I have to add, deep fried and delicous. You know, elephant ears, onion rings, pickles, snicker bars. Hey, it happens, I've seen it.

What to do, what to do? I know! Make sloppy joes, and sneak in vegetables!

(Sanitation side note-this photo, along with the gum chewing, was done during the batch of sloppy joes that were being made for the kitchen help. No gum chewing was done at any other time.)

Those vats of beef are actually HUGE, they just look tiny because the Ogre is stirring them.


Where can you get a taste of these luscious, veggie filled, Ogre made, sloppy Joes?

Why, the Calhoun County Fair of course!! More specifically...

AUGUST 10-16

HOME GRANGE PANCAKE TENT
When I say TENT, I mean TENT. The best home made food on the fair grounds are at the Pancake Tent. Just head toward the Grandstand-you know where they do the tractor pulls, we're on the right in the shadow of the Grandstand.

Oh, what's in a name?

Pancakes!!! Eggs!! French Toast!! Sausage! Wait! There's more!
Egg Sandwiches, Ham and Cheese Sandwiches, Biscuits and Gravy. Plus, at lunch time, they cook up a mean hot dog, or chili (ok sloppy joe) dog.

Added bonus...if you show up before noon you may run into the Ogre himself. Plus, he's the egg cook. That's worth seeing.

What else is at the fair? Some of the Zombie Prom Date Knitters have entries!!! Come on People!! If you are local, support your local scene!

If you aren't local here, support your local scene there. Can you smell the (fill in your favorite food) already?

(Besides, it's so fun to play tattoo scavenger hunt! I get a 2 point head start for my sun tattoo. Bonus points for zombie tats! You are automatic winner of the night if you spy a full cemetery scene with headstones, grim reaper, moon and wolf, on the same person, in plan view. I have seen this once. I have been searching for it ever since.)

Plus, at the fair, they have a sheep barn!!! What's holding you back!!!


5 comments:

Carina said...

I'm entering several items, and I was mean and signed the kids up, too. Anna's entering one of her watercolors, and Stephen's entering a piece of woodworking (whatever he picks).

Linda said...

Goodness me! That Ogre is tall! (I like me the tall ones!) :)
Sloppy Joes w/veggies! Yum!
Thanks for the bag love!
Have fun at the fair!

Knit and fall back in it said...

Our fair is the last week of September and it is my favorite time of the year. I love to go to the fair. By then the weather is nice enough to be outside again and I live for going to the fair every year.

VOTE FOR BROUHAHA 2008 said...

Glad to see I'm not the only person who thinks it's fun to play with cauldrons in the August heat...

Boo to sneaking in veggies, though!

VOTE FOR BROUHAHA 2008 said...

Glad to see I'm not the only person who thinks it's fun to play with cauldrons in the August heat...

Boo to sneaking in veggies, though!