Thursday, June 26, 2008

Last Day...Heck yes it was!

I wanted my last day at the lab to be a fond memory. Like a fairy princess tea party. You know, gauzy white dresses, tea with rum, cake with pink, orange and green frosting and loads of awesome.



Instead it was a lot of yelling, crying, and poop. That was the first hour, that was the patients.

What did I do? Take away the poop, add "sarcasm," swearing, and breaking things. It was very Keith Moon. But it made the chair difficult to sit in, so I was forced to fix it.

What now? Kidney Walk Committee.

7 comments:

tracyb said...

It's too hard to work in the summer when you have kids. And of course, work absolutely kills the knitting time. :) Enjoy unemployment!

Knit and fall back in it said...

Well, if you cant't have gauzy white dresses, tea with rum, cake with pink, orange and green frosting and loads of awesome. You may as well have yelling, crying, "sarcasm," swearing, and breaking things.

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

So now when you're having a bad Pig/Ogre day and you're thinking "maybe I'll go back to the lab" because it was "all gauzy white dresses, tea with rum, cake with pink, orange and green frosting and loads of awesome" you just remember all the "yelling, crying, poop, "sarcasm," swearing, breaking things and Keith Moon" and (Julie Andrews singing...) things won't feel sooo baad!

Kristina B said...

Sounds like my day back at the old coalmines today (I'll Email you separately just to bore the hell out of you)! And I agree with Amy... sarcasm, swearing, etc. work well.

Holly Bee said...

I ate bologna salad sandwiches, scrapbooked (shut up), knitted, got food poisoning, drank 3 bottles of wine, sang dirty rap songs, and passed out at 1 am. I think that was a great way to start my new gig.

Twinsanity/Spinsanity said...

I'd welcome you to the world of leisure (aka unemployed) but I'm a little busy over here making spindles.

Glad I skipped the bologna salad. Urp! Sorry I missed the wine.