Friday, June 20, 2008

Knitting and the Art of Speed Knitting



So I talk about knitting all the time, but I really don't accomplish much.

Here's another thing on my long list of things to not knit:


Helena from the most recent issue of Knitty



Hey Cart and Beth, I'd make this for Sweet Adeline but it's a bit warm in Raleigh. Ah, here's my famous annoying knitting phrase that gets me into trouble everytime "I'm sure it will only take 2 minutes to knit."

Because when I saw it I thought, "gee, 2 minutes per sweater, I could make one for Addy, Maeve, and Sadie! 6 minutes of knitting, 3 sweaters! Rocker! Heck at that rate, I could make one for Jen's baby, 50/50 shot it's a girl, and if it's a boy, charity sweater!"

Really, that's what I thought. You know that's not going to happen right? Right? I could start one, and see what happens...


Another sweet looking 2 minute project from knitty...check this

The Shetland Shorty


Now do I just have a girl crush on her, or is that a wearable cute knit? Really, can I wear that? I'm talking about the sweater.

Really, I should just go do what I'm good at...swatching local parks and knitting wonky squares.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait...are carter and beth having a babay?
love
kat

Knit and fall back in it said...

If I could knit a sweater every two minutes, then I could make a billion dollars and rule the world!!!!

Holly Bee said...

Yes, Cart and Beth are spawning evil of their own!! Beth is due in July. They are naming her Adeline, but saying it Adalynn, and they've never heard of the song Sweet Adeline...FUNNY!!!

knit and fall back in it...if you rule the world, can I dominate a small portion of it? I want like Iceland and Nova Scotia, oh, and Maine.