Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fiber Arts and Animals Festival

Now this is something both fiber-ific and local, which makes it especially dear to my heart. If you are a Michigan local, and you don't have any official plans on World Wide Knit in Public Day
you might want to check this out...


Saturday, June 14, 2008 • 10 AM - 5 PM
403 S. Kalamzoo Ave., Marshall, Michigan

To provide a family friendly, educational environment to the public to have fun and learn about fiber artistry and fiber producing animals.



You have to check out the Our Story page. The Snotified version goes like this: Llama owners were hanging out at the local ice cream and talking with the owner about how cool llamas are. Suddenly, they decided to have a fiber fest! So they did! At the Side Track ice cream!

Really, I swear, check the story, that's about it. Cool, right?

So, go, have fun, learn about fiber fun and foolery! Oh, you want to buy stuff too? Yeah, they have vendors. You don't think I'd pass up an opportunity to brag about...




Yes, Spinsanity will be there. Doing demos, (Kristin, if you are reading this I WILL NOT BE DOING DEMOS! SOMEONE WHO SPINS AWESOMELY WILL BE) making straw into gold, you know, being Rumpelstiltskin. She will also have her spindles for sale.

What? You say you want some of Em's batts? You love her colors? So do I! I got tequila sunrise and I couldn't be happier! Girl knows her happy, happy shades!



Other exhibitors? Gee, do I have to do all the work? Why don't you just go and have a great day?

Me? What will I be doing? Pig 1 and I will be selling H2O with the Cub Scouts at another event. But hey, I will be with Spinsanity in spirit...she's borrowing my tables.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I LOVE Em's colors!