Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sun Bonnet, Ravens, Drive Ins-It all Ties in...

The sun bonnet is never more. I hear ravens in the background, knock, knock, knocking at my door, with their horrible beak and their creepy claws screeching, "Really, a grown man in a sun bonnet? Good call frogging it. Now where's the frog?"

Problem is, since the Zombie Prom Date Knitters are so good at teaching people to overcome their fears, (in knitting and using household items as weapons against the monsters of the world) Marty is now working on his own Blot Out the Sun Hat.

This is probably for the best considering I am on round two with no success and well, his first hat ever, turned into a hat.




Something about gauge, and swatching and pattern. Which is funny because I taught him all that stuff.




So, I've been thinking about knitting more than I have actually been knitting. What have I been thinking about?



How sweet I will look in this shirt:








Did you realize Rainn Wilson was such a big knitter? Neither did I?











Oooh, look! The Traditional Danish Tie Shawl from Spin-Off Spring 2008. I even have some hand spun in orange from the talented Lora. Ok, she thought it was ugly, I thought it was gorgeous, and well, yeah I'm going to mix it with green and make it the snottiest shawl the world has ever seen!! It may blind you, or make the blind see again.




Ok, and I cast on for Mart's new hat, and well, it will be plain, and useful, and, and, merely a hat. Which, I for some reason have problems with. I really wanted it to be awesome.




What else has happened since the weekend?




I, with help, learned how to:



Change air filter



Take break get *malteds, hot dogs, chili cheese fries, rootbeer, put half of malted into rootbeer make rootbeer float. You know because my ass needs to be bigger.


Change oil


Change spark plugs-correctly measure the arc with the cool tool



If we could only get the blade off, Miguel would be the sharpest lawn boy on the block.




*Break food provided by Bobby's Drive In











Oh, I know you have tears in your eyes now.

2 comments:

Carina said...

You could borrow our Dremel to sharpen the blades while they're still on. It's small enough to fit in there, I'd think.

Knit and fall back in it said...

I need an oil change and probably a new air filter in my car, but I don't want to learn how to do it.