Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Scientific Experiment-Mono Loco this one's yours

I did a scientific experiment last night. I ate roughly 1 pound of asparagus to see if it does in fact change the smell of a human's urine.

Here are my conclusions:

I did not eat enough of the sample in previous experiments.

If a person eats asparagus until they feel like they are going to barf they're urine will smell green.

This will be exciting upon first urination.

Still mildly amusing at second passing of urine.

Third time, it loses it's charm.

The morning after eating 1 pound of asparagus, it is possible for certain human's to excrete the smell of asparagus from every pore of their body.

First cheese now asparagus. What food can I torture my family with next?

7 comments:

tracyb said...

How did you prepare the asparagus that made it possible for you to eat one pound ????? I like asparagus, but a pound of it? I love your experiments!

Knit and fall back in it said...

I'd like to be sure that I understand, I think you are saying that malodorous urine is not as glamorous as it sounds. Am I right?

Holly Bee said...

No, it's not all that fun, and it lasts much longer than I was ever lead to believe.

As for cooking:

Large, wait, LARGE flat bottom fry pan with lid. Olive oil heartily thrown in, sea salt, lemon pepper, and Penzey's Mural of Flavor seasoning. It was half stir fried half steamed until a lovely shade of...snot green!


You can call Alton Brown up and tell him that was Good Eats. Ok, the first 1/2 pound was. The secound 1/2 pound was all for science.

Kristina said...

I don't know what makes me sicker, the thought of eating 1 lb asparagus or the piss test.

You are way over the top, woman. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you, always thinking of science and the advancement of higher learning.
Holly's Dad

Carina said...

I always smell like it for a couple of days, but I luuuurrrve it so much that I put up with it. *sigh*

kristinknits said...

Matt & I discovered that this is indedde TRUE after we ate a yummy mac & chèvre w/ asparagus for dinner. YUMMY dinner = YUCKY pees!

See you Saturday! Woo hoo!