I know you are outside working on your lawn, drinking mojitos and watching the neighbors work on theirs.
1. What the heck are you knitting?
I am knitting the Blot Out the Sun Hat for Marty, aka the frogged Sun Bonnet.
2. Remember the New Year's Resolution Contest? We were going to have an update in June?
Well, it's almost June!
So, here's a refresher for my resolutions:
1. Try to live more like Einstein, and Ghandi, and Buddha.
2. Learn Spanish from someone other than Dora the Explorer.
3. With each knitting lesson, one free zombie slaying. But not if the zombie is spotted at night, or when it's cold out. Oh heck, or if it's too early in the morning, let's be reasonable here, I'm not Buffy the Vampire Slayer, she lives in Ohio.
4. Eat more veggies. Wait, that's number 1.Ah ha! Help the Pigs to eat more veggies!! That whole candy and mud thing from last year back fired a wee bit and now the Pigs think they are entitled to non stop junk. Well the "better prepared nicer" Mom stops December 31st, and the "have a freaking apple" Mom starts Jan 1. Yeah.
5. I plan to start drinking more and making an ass of myself. I figure the Ogre should have some fun this next year too.
I failed at all of these! Even #5. I've been drinking less. Oh, the humanity. So, time for updates on your resolutions and then a random drawing.
3. Kidney Walk!!! June 1st! That's next weekend people! If you haven't donated, please take the time to visit my National Kidney Foundation Donation Site. Why? It's funny, and sad, and well, I'm the Team Captian and it will suck to show up with the least number of donations.
Plus, I'm walking in Battle Creek, if I don't bring cash, the BC Police might chase me down and shoot me like a black bear.
(side note: I do NOT think this is funny. I think this was handle poorly, stupidly and is a complete embaressment to Battle Creek, the BC Police and pretty much the whole state of Michigan. Have you ever heard of tranq guns? We have a zoo in the county.)
4. If you dare come to the Creek, on Friday June 6th
Home Grange 129
B dr South -(about 4 miles east off of M66) and 9 and 1/2 mile road
Battle Creek, MI
June Chicken BBQ!!!
1/2 a BBQ Chicken