Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spinsanity leads to Sewsanity

Check this, Spinsanity's spindles are featured in an article about how awesome hand spinning is at Crafting a Green World!

Yeah, I was feeling a bit, shall we say, envious. She's all Spinfamous, and Spinfabulous. Not to mention Spinartsy. Look at these ruddy spindles.


These aren't crap either. I've seen them spin old crap cotton into knittable gold. Oh, those aren't nasty cupholder thingies on the top either, it's all quality.

This lead me to think, I've got too many fancy spinning/knitting friends, I need to do something else...I'll sew!

This is exactly how far I got


Then I threw all this crap behind my chair, right back where it belongs.

I'm thinking I'll stick with the knitting. Because even charity doesn't want my sewing.

3 comments:

Twinsanity/Spinsanity said...

Whoa, you've gone spinsane! LOL

Silly snotty one. I'd throw the sewing behind the chair too. Hey, you think your Ogre could sew some covers for Em and Abi's comforters? I've only had this damn fabric for about three years now.

tracyb said...

try a pair of pajama bottoms for the pigs! Very rewarding, because you get to pick cute fabric, they are small, and it's an easy pattern to follow! (Can ya tell I went through the same thing?) :)

Kristina B said...

Spinsane, all right!

Some fancy spinning wheels. Thanks a lot, H - now I want to take up another hobby.

Having said that, my sewing career was shortlived and had about the same end result as yours...