Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Really, you want to start this with me?

I was called "sir" twice today. I growled at each of the individuals that made this mistake.

Do I need to wear a tight shirt to prove that I have boobs? Or drag my Pigs around to prove that I have a childbearing uterus?

Damn you stupid boob shirt girls using flirting to get your way and forgetting about feminism. Equal pay for equal work. Human milk for human babies. Short hair should not imply that I have a penis.

Check out one angry girl if you are also feeling a bit angry...

8 comments:

Catherine said...

To me, all those reasons = feminism. I'd love it if the list ended with "I am a feminist." It doesn't need to be a dirty word!

Next time someone calls you Sir (i hope they never do!) just stab them with a knitting needle. And walk away.

Kristina B said...

Holly - that is wild. Every time I get my hair cut, I get called "sir" myself. I wouldn't say you look like a "sir"...

my biggest problem these days, pure evidence of my aging, is being called "ma'am". Sigh. :-)

Got your post on the 49th. Will post tomorrow.

Kristina B said...

PS. JJ (my DH, as you know) hates being called "sir". And if he calls someone else "sir" he spells it "cur" in his mind. LOL

dee's brother said...

Holy crap...stop your whinning! My goodness....let you guys vote and look what happens. Plus, with all the clothing options out there and baggy pants...it;s no wonder men get confused. Thank goodness for the ladies who take the time to dress in nice tight tee shirts and short skirts! hee hee

Holly Bee said...

Guess who is number one on the ass kicking list? Sadly, my sick friend will like it!

Kristina B said...

(virtual ass kick on Holly's behalf from Toronto...)

heh heh heh

dee's brother said...

Just received virtual ass kick in Florida from Toronto. Me likey! ;)

Knit and fall back in it said...

Sir? Really?!?

I gotta say that I am with KB, though. I think I would rather be called sir than ma'am.