Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cancer Cape, a pattern

Quick Shawl aka Cancer Cape-It's for Charity, don't Whine, Drink Wine


Find some yarn.


You know you have some. Look around whatever room you are in. Really, whatever room you are in. Right, how many skeins did you find? I found 11, and that's not looking behind the chair.





If found yarn is not what one would call bulky, pick 2 and hold together as one.






Complain that you didn't get that sweet Harmony Needle set for the holidays. Use the size 13 needles that you have next to your chair.





Cast on a curious number of stitches. Really, go for it. Be the change you wish to fight the cancer in the world. Question Authority. All that Jazz. Really, it doesn't matter. Ok, you want some guidance. CAST ON 65. Feel Better?

Row 1: K1 P1 across

Row 2: K

Repeat row 1

repeat row 2

Yeah, pretty much keep reaping rows 1 & 2 until your eyes bleed, uh, until you reach the desired length or you run out of yarn.

Bind off.

Donate to good cause. Feel good. Be happy. Feel proud. Rock on!!!!

Pattern inspired by Martin, inspired by Lion Brand Yarn. Snarkiness brought on by knitting and wine.

6 comments:

tracyb said...

That, I think I can do without swearing at the yarn! Thanks!

Holly Bee said...

Glad you like it. It's a slight modification of one of the many wonderful free patterns that can be found at lionbrand.com

I hope that's enough props to them to keep my ass out of copy right jail.

Kristina B said...

I'll try not to swear. Am already doing charity knitting for a cancer project (in Australia!) but will do my level best here.

Are the Pigs feeling better?

Scout said...

Great idea. I have a mountain of left over skeins from various projects, and I haven't been sure what to do with them. Now I know.

Holly Bee said...

Many good vibes to all who knit with love for good causes!!! (and some snot)

Good vibes for knitters in general, but you know.

Pig update: All Pigs are currently healthy!!!! Even the Ogre! Me? Feeling super sassy health wise.

Knit and fall back in it said...

Thanks for the pattern. I awlays knit with wine, maybe that is my problem.