Monday, February 18, 2008

Camping! In this weather?

Yes, freezing raing, and snow right now, and I'm trying to get camping ground reservations-FOR AUGUST!!!!

A wee bit of planning ahead never hurt anyone...

When I go to the DNR site, this is what I get.

Welcome to the Michigan Department of Natural Resources Reservation Page.
The site you are attempting to access is unavailable until Monday, February 18, 2008. Please check back at that time. We apologize for any inconvenience.

(The 1800 # is also not accepting calls)

I am pretty certain today IS the 18th. I also read the "We will be down for scheduled maintainence blah, blah" letter. But it's past 8 am, it's the 18th, not let me make my freaking reservation!!!! Can't you tell I have SNOW MADNESS and the only thing that can cure it is some cowbell, uh, relaxing, getting peed on in a tent by the Pigs during a thunderstorm???

Just thought I'd keep you posted.

UPDATE!!!!!

I got my reservation!!!! Oh, thank everything!! Love and kisses to the DNR.

6 comments:

Mono loco said...

OMG - I just checked out "The Spice is Right".

This is the uber-food pr0n of all food pr0ns!!

Must... cook... now...

Holly Bee said...

Isn't The Spice is Right AWESOME!!!

She actually commented on my blog about the Zombie Friendship bread! Can you believe that craziness, why she bakes like that?

Twinsanity/Spinsanity said...

Where are we going camping, Ms Snot?

Knit and fall back in it said...

Hooray for you and your camping reservations. There is nothing like a vacation!

Kristina B said...

Congratulations... I think (I hate camping). Are you knitting yourself a tent???

Anonymous said...

i am with you on reservations. couldnt get my 4th of july but did get july 20. maybe we will meet up this summer. love ya toady