Tuesday, February 26, 2008

After all that...it still comes down to being Good Deeds

Sometimes bad unexpected things happen. You know, like people needing new kidneys and not being a match, or cancer or just voodoo health in general. I'm not even talking about struck by lightening, or crap luck crossing the road.


So, what's a girl to do?
Find someone to take you to the nearest Brew Pub...


I sought out Mono Loco. I tried to kick down her door in my fit of tears. Turns out, that turn of the century giant Pink house is built sturdy. John Cougar would be proud.

I found peace in Arcadia. Funny, huh?



So, 9 samplers of beer, pizza with spicy beans, jalapeƱos, and ranch dipping sauce. That pizza reminded me I was alive!

Then I felt bad again for friends. So I'm thinking about bringing over a bottle of wine and some ice cream from Bella Creamery, to help them through their pain.

Then I thought "CRAP!!! What would Kris Carr think about all this non organic crappy food I'm throwing around all willy nilly?"

I figured she'd be cool with it, because she's cool.

But still I worked on my Cancer Cape...the one inspired by this one...


and came up with a plan...

Good Deeds to Counteract being Foolish

Pilates Yoga fusion class to help flush out my evil toxins! Ok, I really wanted a regular Yoga class because I freaking hate Pilates (because it's evil) but beer drinking, food pushing whiners, can't be complainers when it comes to counteracting being foolish.

Blood Donation
Wednesday March 5 at the Kalamazoo Air Zoo 10:15-4:00

Donate to Willard Library.

Sarah, Jennifer, Karen and Families, I love you!

8 comments:

Carina said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry. That's awful. Cancer sucks. Just pretend I'm giving you hugs and everyone around hugs, too. Casseroles later?

Kristina B said...

Holly: sigh. So sorry about you and your friends... sending good canadian snow-mad vibes. Plus, love the shawl!

Knit and fall back in it said...

Ya know, sometimes the only thing we can do is just be a friend. That doesn't seem like much to us, but to the person that needs a friend, it means more than you know.

Holly Bee said...

Thanks for the big love! I will send all the big love on to Sarah and her family :)

Mrs. H (aka MrsAych) said...

*HUG*

Jen said...

XOXO

Matt Church said...

YAY for Arcadia! YAY for Willard Library!

Twinsanity/Spinsanity said...

Sometimes it all just sucks, huh? We do what we do.
You coulda called me, I'd even have opened the door if you knocked. I don't open the door for nobody.