Thursday, January 24, 2008

Go Make Love, Change a Light Bulb, Save the World

It's really just the SNOW MADNESS talking, I got nothing today. I can't even say "I casted on this great new project!" or "my Briar Rose Cardi is almost done!" or anything like that.

Why? Dare you ask?


I keep thinking I'm done, done with that darn Tulip sweater, and I keep finding more ends. I will never Knit Stripes Again! Unless it's the White Stripes



and then Jack White better throw in both Meg and his new wife...CONQUEST!



Ok, now change a light bulb. As I knit, sit, in the dark here you may go, eh, has the



SNOW MADNESS really taken hold?! Should we send out a team of huskies to save her and the Pigs? (Note you aren't worried about the Ogre. He's an Ogre and you figure his kind have book Pitch Forks and Torches-The Ogres Plight he'll survive most anything.)




No, it's not the SNOW MADNESS this time. I just got my latest issue of other Earth News and I got my bi-monthly doses of....




HOLY CRAP! i-have-three-pigs-and-i-have-to-make-the-world-a-better-place-for-them-to-live-in-because-we-still-haven't-invented-freaking-hoover-cars!!!!!!


Or what the Ogre likes to call "Holly's redoubled efforts toward meat free eating and time to do home improvement projects"...and then "ooooh, is that a heirloom tomato seed catalog ad I see in there..."


So, for cheap easy fun in the home improvement realm go see the Mother Ship...



Wait, I was thinking about Robert Plant's trousers again! No kitchen dirty dancing. Probably I should stear clear of Parliment too. Because really, when I think of the Mother Ship, I think of George Clinton.






8 Easy Projects for Instant Energy Savings...Really, Change a light bulb, Save the World!


And you thought I could never make that title work!

4 comments:

Carina said...

I keep thinking of getting that magazine. It would go well with our Bitch, The Nation, and Utne collection, right? *giggle* Just don't tell my mother-in-law!

Kristina B said...

Now those records were real blasts from the past!!!!!

Mono Loco said...

Speaking of White Stripes...

Just when you were thinking of taking cakeyvoice off of your demigod list -- she strikes with the knitted White Stripes!!

http://electricbiscuitonline.
blogspot.com/2005/12/
knitted-white-stripes_
113441712064910034.html

Her genius doesn't stop with the knitted undead!

Holly Bee said...

No, no! Cakeyvoice is totally on my demigod list!! It's just she sticks out like a weirdly knitted thumb since she is not an old dead dude...SHE TOTALLY ROCKS!