Monday, December 21, 2009

Where are those Who's?

Originally Posted by me December 21, 2007-but I'm reposting it because it's so timely and delicious.

Oh Kristin, 313 Kristin, the one who Knits, look what I did....

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Let the Ogre wrap. Whatever he does is fine by me. I wrapped and used the sharp edge of the island to cut the paper. My other wrapping was a paper sack. It was for booze so I figured it was ok.

2. Real tree or artificial? We have a fake tree. No more trees will die on our account. We usually get a wreath from a local farmer but only if the wreath is made from fallen branches.

3. When do you put up the tree? I like to put it up on December 7th. Yes, Pearl Harbor Day. It's also Carter's birthday and as a kid it used to piss him off to share his birthday with tree day. Heeheehee.

4. When do you take the tree down? December 26th. I'd pack it up the evening of the 25th if I could get away with it.

5. Do you like eggnog? Eggnog scares the life out of me. I mean really, raw eggs. You can tell me it's pasteurized all you want, give me the rum, skip the nog.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Country store. I don't actually remember ever playing with that except for on X Mas eve like 1978, so it may not have even been mine. I loved it though.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Many. We like to play with them.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Eh, if you don't like it, you can take it back, you unappreciative turd.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Pigs are super fun to buy for. The Ogre, he loves musicals.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Worst, huh? It's all good.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail! It shows you care enough to spend 41 cents.

12 . Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas. Ok, the musicals are catchy.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Oh, this is about Christmas? I thought we were talking about Yule.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, and with pride. Some things were just meant to be with another person and the original gifter didn't know it.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? It sure ain't Suet Pudding. I am really not a fan of the actual Holiday Meal on the 25th. I do like the general feasting that leads up to it. You know, the fudge, the chex mix, the office snacks. The general large amounts of snacks that everyone is pushing on each other. I like that.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Do we not know each other? Color, color, color. The more hodge podge the better.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Holly Jolly Christmas-Burl Ives.

18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? Home, family, Walt Disney World, Europe. Does it really matter? Not to me.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher & Dancer & Prancer & Vixen, Comet & Cupid & Donna Dixen...

20. Angel on the treetop or star? A star to represent the Winter Solstice.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? If gifts arrive at our house that were not brought by Santa, they are free game to be opened. What if it's a puppy? It would die if we didn't let it out. Actual gifts to people living in the house get opened on the 25th.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People thinking that the whole world is Christian. Hello, Buddhists! Hiya Jews, Hanukkah was hella early this year.

Also, I get worried about the Holiday lights and the whole energy crisis thing. Are the neighbors using CFLs?


23. What I love most about Christmas? The Pigs getting all excited-about the Winter Solstice.

24. What's your favorite Christmas Memory? Santa at Candy Grandma's house.

25. Believe or Not? What belief of mine are you questioning?

2 comments:

Carina said...

Bring back the light tonight. Or is it done tomorrow? Is it done all through the night tonight? However it's done, have a blessed Solstice, and may the light come back this year and beat the darkness in our world.

kristinknits said...

i am behind on the reading! Thanks for sharing your fun answers!

Good seeing you at Churchy X-mas Eve Eve.