Saturday, December 08, 2007

Grange Super Supper



Well, well, well. Someone must have gotten the word about all the sweet aprons at the Grange Swiss Steak Supper Bazaar and bought them all before I got there. I was only able to score 1. That's right ladies, 1. Well, I actually got 3 aprons, but 2 are only half aprons, so they are aprons but they aren't the apron I was after. Still super sassy.

Did I eat? Did the Pigs eat? Yes, and yes. Our family style table ended up going through 2 giant heaping bowls of mashed potatoes. Neighboring tables started calling my Pigs pigs, and I don't think they meant it in a nice way. But where else do you get real mashed potatoes made with that much love?


Not at home friends.

Love at home means mystery vegs like carrots got stirred in, or something burned.
(Look we adopted Shelly for the winter)

These taters were PERFECT. Don't get me started on the gravy. Yeah, yeah, Einstein, Ghandi, vegetarians, and I keep thinking I'm going to cut back. But not if the Grange keeps flaunting taters and gravy in front of me.

Elf hat to go with my Elf Hair...


Afterward we spent the evening saving energy...


even the cat does his part to save money...

3 comments:

Kristina B said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all, Holly. If you and pigs ever come to my place all I can offer you in the mashed potato department is the extra-large Costco box version made with potato flakes.

Such a sassy apron!!!

Carina said...

I should've gone there with the kids instead. We got to sit on a cold metal parade float in the dark and freeze while waiting for the parade to start only. Yours sounds way better. I'm doing the Grange supper next year.

Holly Bee said...

I still smell like gravy.