Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Garden Gate Scarf, It'll Only Take 2 Minutes...

I decided to knit a scarf. Let me rephrase, I foolishly decided to knit myself a scarf. "blah, blah, pretty yarn, whatever shall I do with it? Oh, I will quickly knit a scarf."



It must be ultra quick for me knit scarves in the alternate universe, but in this one, not so much. See that super cute scarf? All crazy cute with the flowers? I was thinking, right, knit the base up quick (yeah) and then use up scraps for the flowers. Done in 2 minutes!




The only thing done in 2 minutes is the Coke Cola's imported from Mexico, made with real sugar, and tasting like heaven. Scarves are not. Please remind me of this the next time I say "oh, it will only take 2 minutes to knit." Then had me a Mexi-Coke.





Last chance! Tonight is the 2nd Wednesday of the Month Knit-O-Rama at Koffee Klutch in Galesburg 6-8.




I know, you're all, "I checked the time, they close at 7, Holly is stupid." Well, I may be stupid about the amount of time it takes to knit a scarf, but...I talked to Koffee Klutch and asked if they would stay open late for us. They said as long as we were loud, used our outside voices and drank a lot of coffee.

6 comments:

stacey said...

So is the knit fest on for tonight and tomorrow, or just tonight?

My daugher (you know, the 12 yr old looking phleb at Woodbridge)...well I sent her to Stitching Memories to take a knitting class for me, so I could learn by proxy. I suspect she didn't go to the second night last night because now she is MIA. I'm annoyed.

So now I have a circular needle and yarn, and don't know what to do with it. I wish I had had the needles yesterday to poke out the eyes of the girl working at Yankee Candle, who asked me SIX times if I was finding everything ok.

Stacey

Carina said...

I'm so excited! I'll be cooking all day and will definitely need a break by then.

Hey, Stacey, bring everything over tonight, and I'll get you started. :)

Holly Bee said...

Stacey!!!

We meet tonight at Koffee Klutch from 6-8. (2nd Wednesday of the month)

Bring your stuff! We will get you going! Carina is a certified knitting instructor. The rest of us are just certifiable.

We also meet every Thursday 1-3 at Water Street Coffee Joint (the one at the corner of Oakland and Whites road) If you ever decide to skip work.

Hope to see you there!!!!

stacey said...

well, i just got home from lunch with the girls, and discovered that my dog shit all over the house. Diarrhea. Now I'm crabby....so I just might be there. I will be tied to a beeper, am on call...but who cares, it's not too far from the hospital.

I'll try to make it!

kristinknits said...

Mexi-Coke sounds delish!

Spinsanity said...

I missed y'all today. Had to stay home and make spindles. *pout*