Friday, November 30, 2007

Knitting, Spinning, General Zombie Prom Date Goodness

After many weeks of Spinsanity saying "Holly, I thought you wanted me to teach you to spin?" and me saying "I, uh, have to go to the bathroom." and then running out of the room...I finally held my pee and learned.



Ok, I don't know if learned is the right word to use.



I held the stuff, and twirled the stuff and swore at the stuff. Cloudy stuff turned into bumpy stuff. It's pretty, but it looks like cotton candy and I fear I may eat it. But I bought my spindle and I tried it.

Why did I try this? Two reasons really.

1. I was hoping to meet Rumpelstiltskin. That whole straw to gold thing seems like a cool gig.

2. I was hoping to self hypnotize my self and fall into the alternate universe.

Hello, Alternate Universe, are you there?


Teaching 1000 Monkeys to knit can make a person hungry.



Do you have to have kicky boots to be a zombie prom date knitter? No, but it helps against the zombies.



Does Albert like knitting with us on Thursdays? I mean he does have to bend the space time continuum to get here and we did make him take the Zombie Prom Date Knitter Oath...




Zombie Prom Date Knitter
Traveling Member
Albert Einstein

As a Zombie Prom Date Knitter, I will be honest to my chosen craft and share the joy with others, when the mood strikes. When gauge issues and errors plague projects, I will not fret, but instead donate my goods to those less fortunate. I will furthermore do my best not to get bitten by a member of the mindless zombie horde. If I do, I will not hold it against the ZPDK that lobs my head off with a shovel or other sharp object, because I know she would want me to do the same for her.





I, Albert Einstein, love knitting with those zany Zombie Prom Date Knitters! Plus, they make a mean mocha at Water Street Coffee Joint, Oakwood Plaza location. It just jerks my chain that they named it "Water Street" when it's not on Water street. Why not Oakwood Coffee Joint. Don't get me started.

I don't mind visiting them on Thursdays, but I'm not doing any zombie slaying. That's Ogre work.

4 comments:

Carina said...

I'll swear that oath, but I'll leave the zombie slaying to ogres, too. I'm not as good with a shovel. *hangs head in shame*

Twinsanity/Spinsanity said...

It's not on Oakwood either. *sigh*

You are hereby forbidden to point that crappy camera (yes, it MUST be a crappy camera...just look at the pics coming from it!) in my direction forevermore.

(second try at the stoopid word verification...I swear, it's like the self-check out always telling to "please put THE ITEM back IN the bag" when I didn't take any item OUT of the bag...and I got the damn letters right THE FIRST TIME)

Holly Bee said...

Yeah, it's not on Oakwood, but that at least sounds pretty.

As for camera...I'm sorry. I will get your approval for any photos before posting in the future.

I looooove my camera.

Kristina B said...

I really, really need to hit the Zombie Prom date at some point. Would my fuschia cowboy boots count as "kicky"?

It seems to me that it would actually be worth the 24 hour round trip drive to get there and back...

kb