Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Fresh New Love, It's a Movie

Yesterday was eight years of Wedded Bliss for me and the Ogre. I spent the memorable occasion swabbing the decks of this here vessel, while my Ogre was off fighting for Peace, Justice and the Freedom to Clobber Zombies. Ok, he was at a State Grange meeting, same difference.







But to celebrate I did treat myself...2 six packs and a pay per view showing of Hot Fuzz...That sounds sooo dirty! (oh don't fret, I linked you to npr)


I bought a six pack of Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale for the Ogre, and a six pack of Happy Anniversary Cupcakes for both of us to share when he got back. As for Hot Fuzz...


BEST MOVIE EVER!!!






You know I love Point Break, and I have previously called it things like Best Movie Ever, and Greatest Movie Ever Made.






Well, Hot Fuzz is a cop-buddy-on-purpose-comedy that is like a love letter to Point Break and is by the makers of my favorite zombie movie Shaun of the Dead.


Oh, tears are welling up just thinking about it. No, that may be because I burst my appendix from laughing so hard. I think I actually hurt my back too.


The Ogre got home at Midnight, caught the last 10 minutes of the film and was also laughing his fool head off. YES! THE OGRE WAS LAUGHING! Ah, it was like the best anniversary gift ever. Cheap too.

3 comments:

kristinknits said...

Happy Anniversary! 8 years ... really? Nice!

Carina said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are so cute together. :-)

Oh, and we still haven't seen that movie, but if it's a Point Break ripoff, I'm there. Is it as good as Grosse Point Blank? That one makes me giggle just remembering it.

Holly Bee said...

Carina, I must have given you the wrong idea about Hot Fuzz, it's not a rip off of anything. It's a delicate loving kiss of honor, it understands the true man love and underlying struggles that Johnny Utah had to overcome while learning to be at one with the sea and at one with his mentor Bodhi.

Just go rent Hot Fuzz, and you'll see what I'm talking about.