Sunday, August 05, 2007

New Zoo! Knit with Snot, at a Store Near You...

Ogres are creatures of habit. Along with habitually hating zombies, my Ogre gets his hair cut in South Bend, Indiana. We live in Michigan. So we make a day of it. Which is kind of cool, because the haircut place (not salon) is right across from my favorite store, which surprisingly is not a yarn store...It's called Just Goods. It's all hemp clothes, and sweat shop free, and free trade, and the lady who owns it is super nice, and well, it's like a hippie dream come true.

Ultra coolness, she asked about the shirt I was wearing, which just happened to be the non-striped stripes go round hemp one. I told her I was a knitter and I had made it. She was very excited and asked if I had ever sold anything, and if I would be interested in knitting anything for the store as a local artist. I felt so honored, an artist! Knit with Snot, in a store, for you! Rock on.

Then...more awesome. We have an annual pass for Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek, and I knew that we could get some deal at the Potawatomi Zoo in South Bend. I was thinking we would get in for 1/2 off. We got in for FREEEEE! Also, the last time the Ogre and I went to the SB zoo it was a bit on the icky side. Now, it's a lovely, awesome, nice place, that we will totally take the pigs to again.

Look, the pigs wore out a tiger.

El Tigre Vs el tigre. El Tigre wins.
3 Pigs, 1 Ogre, on a giant Turtle. A bronze one, Christopher Moore would be so happy, we thought of him and made giddy jokes about vampires and turtles during this photo opportunity.
Buffalo scratch pole, we need this for our house.

3 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Oooohhh... a Knit With Snot line of clothing! That is so awesome! :)

Holly Bee said...

Now I just need to teach the pigs to knit...my own little sweat shop! It's just like I've always dreamed!

Melissa said...

Having boys is so much fun! And you have 2 more than I do with that big ogre included! lol You must have double the fun (and double the trouble ;) )