Friday, August 24, 2007

Just a Wee Bit of Knitting Magazine Insanity

Ok, so I used to buy every single knitting magazine that Barnes and Noble would put on it's lovely magazine shelves. I would do this like a maniac on a killing spree. Ok, it wasn't that bad. Actually, it was. Because some of those magazines were just crap. Actually, worse than crap, and I promised myself that I wouldn't waste my money on them again.

So now I have a subscription to Interweave Knits, which is consistently awesome. I have been feeling some great love toward Vogue Knitting, which is also pretty consistently awesome, but I have no subscription. So I figure I would go pick up a copy at Barnes and Noble, because it is the 25th Anniversary edition.

But they didn't have it! So I try to go online to see if it's available on news stands yet, and their web site is under construction. Why would you have website construction when you have a super big deal anniversary edition out? I need info!

Actually, I don't even want the dumb magazine now. I'm just going to stick to my Interweave. Maybe I will just have to pick up the Interweave Felt magazine to get over my magazine need to waste money.

4 comments:

Carina said...

That's weird. Would the Michigan News Agency downtown have it? I miss that place.

Holly Bee said...

I thought it was weird too!

MI New probably would have it...you know, I do need an oil change, which is nicely located about 2 blocks from there. Nice.

mary jane said...

Site under construction during 25th anniverary issue: Vogue Knitting appears to be in trouble. Do you think it might be about to fold?

Holly Bee said...

I think something bad is going on with Vogue Knitting. I checked their website again yesterday, and it was no Vogue Knitting it was

www.knittinginternationalmag.com/

No, that's not a good sign!

Idiots.