Thursday, August 02, 2007

Harry Potter Knitting-Ginny's Vest!!!

Ok, so Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie was full of knits. Knit and crochet items that just need to be copied, worn with love. It's like a knitter secret nerd hand shake



I spy your handknit Slytherin color house vest and nod to your skill, how do you feel about my Ravenclaw socks. Yes, I knit, and I am a Harry Potter dork!



So, while Carina and I were drooling over both the 25th Anniversary edition of Vogue Knitting and the Fall Interweave Knits magazines (hey Interweave, I liked yours better!) I was hit with a moment of Harry Potter level happiness...


Teva Durham's Concentric Vest, if done in a golden yellow, would be very similar to the one worn by Ginny in the final scene of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix!!! Thank you Teva!!! It's hard to see in this photo, but it's really very similar.

So, no need to frantically search the web for the pattern, or go see the movie 30 times (unless you want to) just go buy the Fall Interweave Knits.

Also, there are so many awesome patterns in there. Eunny, the new editor has done a sweeeet job. The cardi she has in there, is going to be mine, mine, mine! Unless of course I screw it up and it goes to charity. Either way, it's all for the good of the Order, of the Phoenix of course. Or S.P.E.W. Whichever you belong to.

No comments: