Monday, June 11, 2007

Midnight Tomato

Here is my beautiful Midnight Tomato. I would have liked a photo of me wearing it, but my photographer won't go outside when it's cold out. It's like 60.
Anyway here are the Stats

Pattern: Tomato (by the very talented Wendy Bernard of Knit and Tonic fame)
Book that contains pattern: No Sheep for You
Size: The correct size for me
Yarn: GGH Samoa (6-7 skeins black, less than 1 varigated)
Needles: Options size 6. I think I originally said 7's, but they were really the 6's, like it matters.

It was very fun and quick to knit. My only personal problem was picking up stitches for the neckline. I obsessively picked up 1 million stitches, so the sides of the neck are almost a little ruffley, but I plan to make that lay flat, by well, imagining that it's flat and not worrying about it.
Yes, that's it, my imagination vs hand knits.

I've started on the gauge swatch for Pig 1's Gryffindor house socks. Sadly, the size 2 needles I have to work the socks 2 at a time on circs just aren't doing it for me. I need to use like a size 1. But it so stinks that I defeated the mighty 2 circ method, and enjoy doing it and now I have to use dpns :( waaaaaheeeh-heeeh. Uh, yeah.

8 comments:

Mrs. H said...

What a pretty 'mater! :)

Oh, you poor girl. Having to go back to dpns. That is my worst nightmare.

Teresa said...

Oh wow, nice tomato! I think the neck line looks pretty darn good if you ask me. :D

Good luck on the socks :(. Sorry about the Dpns.

Carina said...

It looks wonderful! I'm so jealous--none of my projects are close to done. ;-)

I need to get a picture of you wearing it for when you come and pick up your yarn. Hee, hee!

Marigold said...

Nice! I like that pattern on it.

trixie stix said...

Very nice sweater!

Melissa said...

awesome sweater!! I really like it.
I was gonna email you and tell you I can't post personal pictures of my kids on my blog :( (ex-husband) But I shouldn't be so paranoid. I put a 1/2 picture of one of my boys up. lol

Holly Bee said...

Melissa! That's awful about crappy ex husband limiting your blog posting!

robin said...

Your Tomato looks great!!