Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Storms ahoy!

There was a storm, Harrison packed his backpack with books and a stuffed animal and refused to eat dinner. He then took the dog with him to the basement. I really expected him to yell "see you in hell!" on the way down. He showed great restraint.

We all ended up in the basement a couple minutes later and had a lovely dinner in the basement.

Luckily, all is safe and we even have power, and our fence. Amazing.

After the storm I managed to finish the Samoa hat. I think I will use the rest of that yarn (black) for an Eileen top from the No Sheep for You book.

At home, I have decided I need to start eating, well, food that's doesn't make me feel sick afterwards. No more meat for me Ma! Or pizza, or peanuts or junk that gives me migraines.

I bought some Kashi Go Lean oatmeal. When I dumped it into the bowl I was like "oh man, look at all that mouse crap!" I had to inspect it under better light, twice, before I decided it was just flax seeds. Gosh, I hope it was flax seeds.

6 comments:

trixie stix said...

That storm was amazing, eh?!

I really love to eat healthy, whole grain foods, but sometimes you are wondering,"What exactly am I eating?"

Carina said...

We were on our way to Anna's girl scout awards ceremony. Yeah, it's soooo much fun to sit in a school basement room with tons of scared Girl Scouts singing camp songs at the tops of their lungs. *rolls eyes* Really fun.

Scared me, though. I just can't handle tornadoes any more.

Holly Bee said...

We skipped going to Harry's swim class because I didn't want to get stuck at the Y with no knitting!! I mean the safety of my beautiful children!

Melissa said...

LOL! That's hilarious. Your son's 'almost' comment, and the mouse poop cereal. heh.
I cook oatmeal for breakfast all the time, for the kids and I. It's healthy and simple. And then we load it with maple syrup and brown sugar.

Mrs. H said...

You are so funny! LOL

Glad y'all made it through the storm... with your mouse poop cereal... heh

Marigold said...

Hey-lo...I've been reading your blog lately, and I tagged you for the 8 random things meme. It's on my blog too. Have fun!