Saturday, May 19, 2007

Shrek the Turd

We went to the Drive In and saw Shrek the Third. I would give it 2.5 stars out of 5. The Ogre, who is sensitive about how Ogres are portraited in literature and film, said I was being too harsh.

Here's part of the problem. We were in the perfect spot to watch the other movie, Spiderman 3. Spidey 3 started before our movie, so we watched about 15 minutes of that.

During the dull parts of Shrek the Turd, I watched Spidey, with no sound.

From what I could gather, Spidey gets infected with space oozes turns into Venom and listens to goth music and starts getting lot's of hot chicks. The guy who used to be the dweeb on Wings is a hot and surly mutant sandcastle of doom.

The new green goblin is much more handsome when he's not whining. I don't know if he was acutally not whining, or if not having sound was what helped the improvement.

Shrek 3 was like watching a video game. Slow, slow, boring. Oooooh, look at that cool fight scene.

Either way, I liked Spiderman 3 better, even without sound. I'd give it a solid 4 out of 5 stars. I hope sound doesn't ruin it.

2 comments:

Carina said...

The reviews for Shrek have been all over the place. I'm not sure if I want to see it in the theater anymore.

Spidey is always a fave, though. :-)

Mrs. H said...

You crack me up. hehe