Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Ogre finally noticed how dirty our house is

Yes, the Ogre's sensitive feet noticed that the kitchen had not been mopped in like 100 years. Upon further investigation he discovered that we lived in a complete barf encrusted pit of doom.

I said lived, it's all clean now. No, we didn't move. The Ogre has been reading the Aubrey-Maturin books by Patrick O'Brian. You know, ships, sailors, scientists and spies all set during the Napoleanic wars. Russell Crowe, movie version Master and Commander.

All that ship shape and land ho stuff gave the Ogre the urge to swab the decks. Which is cool with me because I am morally opposed to cleaning. It's sexist for me to be required to clean. But somehow, I am fine with the childcare and knitting.

Actually, I helped with the cleaning. I had to. I had to defend my stash. Which really means I had to tidy up the stuff in the closet and gather up and relocate all the other bits hiding in other parts of the house.

What were the sick boys doing? Feeling well enough to beat the snot out of each other, but still worn out enough to whine the whole time.

At the end of the day, it was time for a knit reward. I finished the socks! I somehow randomly got them all twisted up and then had to finish one on the circs and the other on double points. Pretty! Anyway, that pair is going to be donated to the Grange for the Holiday Bazaar. Yes, I am knitting for a thing in December.

2 comments:

Carina said...

You didn't tell me the socks were done. Cool! Fast! Hmm. Maybe I should try that again . . .

Mrs. H said...

Wow, that was fast on the socks! Makes me feel slower than molasses in the middle of January! :)