Thursday, May 10, 2007

He still has swimming

Again, if Pig 1 ends up playing professional baseball, I'll be surprised.

His coach asked him if he was afraid of the ball. He nodded his head. Then she said "getting hit by the ball is part of baseball, have you been hit by the ball yet?"

Now I know perfectly well that he has been hit by the ball, because I'm the one that hit him. No, not on purpose. We were playing catch. Actually, I was playing catch and he wasn't doing so hot with the catching part.

He said no. The coach put him in at pitcher, so he could get hit by the ball. Which is odd coaching, but effective.

I sat and knit, he played with the dirt, and his hat. He did end up scooping up a ball and throwing it to first, so I was proud.

He may not enjoy baseball, the kid can swim like a fish. It's also easier to knit and watch swimming. Less danger of being brained by equipment.

3 comments:

Carina said...

Have fun up in Ludington! It'll end up being really nice, I'm sure. :-)

Give me an update on the shop there. I'll be up there over Memorial Day weekend, so let me know what they've got and how that corn yarn looks.

Now I'm really jealous of the SeaSilk. I want some, Enabler. ;-)

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwww this is the cutest story ever! You guys need to email me the schedule so that we can come watch!
love
kat

Marigold said...

Hmm...but swimming there's more chance of the knitting getting wet...