Monday, April 09, 2007

Spice Girls strike again

As if it weren't bad enough that they managed to brainwash anyone near a radio with gleeful girl power, but now the many years defunct (defunked) girls are causing havoc again.

The first time the Spice Girls personally caused me trouble was the summer of 1997...I had a hang over. Shocking. So myself, hangover, and group of nameless people go to a scummy diner in the Creek, trust me, it was scummy.

It may have been a random preteen slumber party breakfast, or it was lunch time by the time my hangover allowed me off of couch, my memory is a wee bit questionable here. I would also say it was questionable for those girls to be having a slumber party breakfast at said scummy diner, but hey, I was there too, with my hang over.

So, if you recall, a hangover (veisalgia) describes the sum of unpleasant physiological effects following heavy consumption of alcoholic beverages. The most common reported characteristics of a hangover are headache, nausea, lethargy, sensitivity to light and noise, and thirst. Thank you for the info wiki.

With the unpleasant physiological effects I was feeling, I was not in the mood to hear The Spice Girls "Wannabe" played one million times on the juke box by happy people who were able to lift their heads off the table and actively move about without barfing.

How can the Spice Girls be causing me pain now? It's actually only me versus one Spice Girl, and her whole legion of doom that the Posh wench has created with her sassy hair style. MY SASSY HAIR STYLE.

Ok, really Beth's sassy hairstyle, but it's my go to hair style when I feel I need an actual hair style.

I know, there's war, and starvation all over, and I am complaining about Posh Spice. Who is not even Posh Spice as much as she is Mrs. Bend it like Beckham. Or actually Mrs. Beckham. Which normally her hair would probably not cause me trouble, but my whole freaking neighborhood has been seen sporting the look, which is my look, and looking better at it than me.

Damn you soccer hooligans! You've brought your lovely (and my, he is lovely) Beckham to the States and messed up my new haircut. Who knew soccer hooligans could cause so much trouble?

4 comments:

dee's brother said...

The Spice Girls were an Abomination!

Holly Bee said...

I know! See why I have to get my hair cut?

Now my always helpful Mom says "any short haircut you get will be just like mine."

Was that a threat, a dare, a jab?

I am going to run screaming into the street any minute now. With a hat, to cover my step in line and follow the herd haircut.

Accidental conformity still stinks.

dee's brother said...

Yeah...and the sad thing...you can't even shave your head bald now...cause people will say you are a Britney wannabe!

Holly Bee said...

It's so the drama.