Friday, April 27, 2007

Slow Knitting

I know I called it a knitting stall earlier, but man, I must just be a slow knitter.

Trixie at Trixie's Stix is part of the 52 Pair Plunge . In this Knit-A-Long, you knit a pair of socks a week for a year. She's no slouch either, she's on pair 4.

I thought I was doing good joining my once a month We're So Square Group where I end up with 12 blocks at the end of the year...I am a slacker!

Carina is writting a book, or wrote a book and is working on getting it published. Oh, a knitting book, blah, blah, and knitting a bunch of stuff.

I could say I am raising three wonderful boys, and I have a completely spotless house, so I don't have much time left for knitting. That sounds like a whiney cop out to me.

Sooo, here we go...

Be nice, or at least act nice so I can find out people's names and then use their names to yell at them. Which would cut down on the swearing.

Knit.

Ok, knit stuff, and then finish it.

I think that's my problem. No, not the knitting, the finishing. I used to be a committed knitter, "No New Projects Until _____ is Finished" style knitter. Somehow I grew weak, and started little side projects that also don't get finished, which leads me to a downward spiral of rum drinks, little umbrellas, and unfinished knitting.

Ooh, then join Zimmermania, because I did in fact finish my Baby Surprise Jacket, and I want to show it off. Which leads back to the whining...there are people there who have made like 1 million bsj! Ok, not 1 million, that's a bit Dr Evil, but you know, like 4.

It's like a knitting 12 step program, except I have less steps. Ok, one more step then...

More charity knitting. Not just "ooh, that doesn't fit, I will give it to charity." Actual charity knitting.

This also includes Grange knitting, because things made for the Grange go to several awesome causes (caps for newborns, blankets for the ill, items for single moms, etc, etc) and then the annual Grange Bazzar which raises money to help with things like the Newton Township Fire Dept, The Dictionary Project and all sorts of other good deeds.

Ah, I am feeling somewhat better. Now, time to knit!

2 comments:

Elysbeth said...

Don't knock a clean house. I can't think of a single knitting acquaintance who has one. So you're ahead of all of us.

Holly Bee said...

Oh, it's not really spotless! It's mostly what I like to call tidy. The house does seem to have a mystery odor, so I am not really ahead!