Saturday, April 28, 2007

More Knitting and Tball

I am right now supposed to be

1. Feeding the kids breakfast

2. Ordering vitamins from www.Drugstore.com

Instead I mysteriously find myself at the Knit Picks site. I am so knitty, I can hardly function! I was innocently opening my email, when I saw the Knit Picks sale email. I was like, "Oh, I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER THING!! Knit Picks is evil, don't go....and the next thing I know, there I am at Knit Picks, reading about the Yarn Harlot's book Casts Off:The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Knitting.

The book was being marketed by Knit Picks as a great Mother's Day gift. I thought, "darn it, I don't want that book, I want to knit two socks on circular needles."

Luckily, that snapped me out of my web knit trance and I was able to break free from Knit Picks with out spending any money.

Pig update...today is opening day of Little League. The Ogre was all out of sorts because Pig 2's game night is on the Ogre's only outdoor activity night (not golf-soccer). The Ogre was saddened because he was going to have to tell John he can't play.

I think this was supposed to be my cue to say "oh, don't worry honey, I will take all three pigs to the parent assisted tball game, it will be swell."

I instead went with, "When Cy gets a baseball scholarship, you'll be able to look back and thank all the help you gave your child's future baseball career."

The Ogre grunted back that Pig 2 won't get a baseball scholarship. I encouraged the Ogre the way any Ogre wife would by adding, "But won't it be nice to be outside playing ball with your little Ogre? Maybe you guys will get to tackle another father/son team."

A look of mad glee glinted across the Ogre's evil eyes.

2 comments:

Carina said...

I had the same thing happen to me. I came close to getting something when I remembered that my stash is big enough and I've gotten yarn recently that is now on the back burner because of all the other stuff I'm working on. *sigh* They're like the worst drug dealer, I swear.

Holly Bee said...

It's crazy! Ah, but how I love them :)