Thursday, April 26, 2007

Arggh, feeling fickle

I thought the old blog needed spiced up. No, the blog isn't going to be getting Posh Spice's (my old) haircut. I tried dots earlier, and it seemed a bit distracting. You know, from the knitting, and the complaining, plus you could hardly see the snot.

So, green boogery edges should really help emphasize the greatness of my snot. Actually not the greatness of my snot, just the sheer amount of snot that is covering any item that may be pictured here. Snot kids, snot clothes, snot knitting. Again, a way of life.

Speaking of a way of life, that whole being nice thing, which is probably ruining my liver, is going to a new level next week. Yep, I am going to actively talk to people.

Not like crazy lady style, but like this:

"Hi, my name's Holly, I see your kid is also here at this random activity. I enjoy knitting and chasing dogs out of my yard, and I think your kid is funny looking, not cute like mine, wait, my kid is picking his nose, and the little one is covered in snot, ok we're even, let's be friends, or at least acknowledge each other's existence with a smile, we see each other here every week."

Ok, so that does fall into the crazy zone a bit, but I am determined to make the world a better place, one unsmiling, grumpy, Mom at a time. Oooh, maybe I will teach them all to knit, ok, smiles first then forced knitting.

4 comments:

Carina said...

Ahh, you're better at talking to strangers than you think. Just imagine them as knitters at TGKA.

I do like the clean look. It'll make the pictures a bit cleaner.

trixie stix said...

Love the new look!

Melissa said...

I like the new look!
LoL at your convo there, looks like you got it down pat. Good luck!
If I open my mouth, like say, to my new neighbors, they don't like me. So if they aren't talkative to you, be MEAN! And throw in a couple mean words for me just for fun. :D

Holly Bee said...

Heehee, thanks for the words of encouragement!

Oh, I plan on being mean. I should say, it's my fall back.